DIY Gingerbread flowers with candy centers

This year I experimented a bit while baking gingerbread cookies.

I cut out a circle in the middle of each flower. I placed a hard candy in the circle and baked the cookies. The candy melted and formed a pink center.

When the cookies had cooled, I piped white decorations. Easy and fun, and the kids love the cookies!

And I love this – being able to have a hyacinth at home! I am usually too allergic to stand their fragrance, but nowadays I feel so much better that I can finally have some natural Christmas scent around!


RSS | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook

DIY Clay Ornaments

These are so easy and fun to make!

The perfect addition to any Christmas present.

I made them using cookie cutters. I cut out the big heart, then the smaller one in the middle and a hole for the string and the jingle bell.

Just add a red and white string, and presto – instant Christmas magic!

They look great as ornaments on the Christmas trees, or just about anywhere. I put them on most of the parcels we give out this time of year.

Some of them are textured. I used a piece of tulle when rolling out the dough. It makes for a nice structure.

Some I’ve textured using an old flower-stamp. Easy to make, and add so much more festive feeling to any parcel! I love home-made decorations!


RSS | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook

DIY Christmas Angel with Jingle Bells

This year I kind of got addicted to self-hardening clay! I wanted to make some angels, to go with the small jingle-bells I’ve got stored in so many small containers in my craft room

I made a template out of a piece of cardboard, and tried out different kinds of bells that I had lying around.

The angels is supereasy to make – just roll out a piece of self-hardening clay, cut out the angel. Make two holes for the string on top of the angel, and another one for the bell.

I added the bell using a small piece of wire. Plus red and white string to use for hanging it.

Here’s the template if you too want to make an angel or two!


RSS | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook

Älvhuset med mallar

Jag tror älvan och tomten som bägge bor här har det himla roligt! Det lyser på kvällarna och köket liksom känns som att det har en så härlig stämning nuförtiden!

Jag botaniserade i en godisaffär innan jag gjorde huset och hittade så härliga godisar som såg ut som blommor.

Såhär har jag löst problemet med en ljusslinga – jag skar en öppning i bakre gaveln och trädde ljusslingan igenom.

Fönstren glimmar härligt mysigt när det är mörkt!

Takpannorna kommer inte att bli särskilt spännande för mina ungar att äta, men dekorationerna på takåsen! Pärlemorfärgade lakritsbollar. Och geléhallon!


Känns vintrigt och juligt, också då när det regnar ner utomhus.

Här kommer mallarna om någon annan känner sig hågad att baka mitt pepparkakshus: (och om du gör det så skulle jag jättejättejättemycket uppskatta om du mailade mej eller skrev en kommentar här! Det är så himla roligt att få ta del av andras pepparkakshus tycker jag!)


P.S. På Facebook hänger vi som gillar pepparkakshus i gruppen Allt om Pepparkakshus – välkommen med du också!



RSS | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook

DIY Glittery wreath with lots of tinsel

…yeah, I know, I kind of went overboard with this wreath-making business!

This one is a lovely silver one, with lots of tinsel and luscious red berries and leaves.

I’m going all in with wreath making this year! It’s just so much fun, and so easy – just take a styrofoam wreath, wrap it with something and add decorations. In this case, I finally got to use some of my really old berries and leaves, plus some silvery branches that I’ve collected during the years (left overs from some project or decoration or other).



RSS | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook

DIY Wintery jar with red strings

This was a fun and fast DIY!

I took some air drying clay, rolled it quite thin with a rolling pin.

I used some tulle netting when I rolled the clay the last time, to get some structure.

I lay the sheet of clay around an empty washed jar.

I made sure the edges overlapped.

Then I stamped some ”holes” using a straw. I trimmed the edge on the top of the jar.

When the clay had dried, I glued some red string to the ”holes” and made a bow at the top.

The structure looks really nice in person.

The little bullfinch likes his view! He can gaze out over all the Christmas loveliness that spreads out in our home these days.


RSS | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook